What can KNFB Reader 3.0 do for users with dyslexia and print disabilities?
KNFB Reader 3.0 for iOS captures any text and then reads it aloud. It offers simultaneous paragraph, line, or word highlighting so you can follow along visually. This promotes better understanding and retention of printed materials such as reports, text books, and homework.
How does it work?
- Take a photo of any print material.
- Use the icons to navigate through the app.
- It reads the text aloud and highlights the text it is reading in bright colors.
- You can customize reading speed, highlighting colors, and how the text is highlighted (by word, line, or paragraph).
What else can it do?
- KNFB Reader works on a wide variety of documents and formats (PDF, PNG, JPEG, or EPUB).
- It can capture multiple pages for use with books, manuals, and other long-form materials.
- The app does not require Wi-Fi and it works faster than most other OCR devices, turning text into speech almost instantly, anywhere, anytime.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive are supported. You can browse and read documents from the cloud or download them to your iOS device for easy access.
- It recognizes over 33 different languages including Spanish, French, Japanese, and many more.
- Switch between the real image view (pdf) and plain text view (txt).
- Change the reading speed to your preference.
- Change highlighting colors.
- Many settings can be customized to meet your needs.
Check out our user guide to learn more.